Create new terms
To start setting up terms, click into Onboarding then Terms Management via the left-hand sidebar.
Select ‘Create new term’.
Two groups of options are available:
- Basic (blank): This selects an empty document
Upon selecting either option, there will be an editable section on the left-hand side of the screen where the content should be input. This supports hyperlinks, images, and markup.
Within the right hand side of the screen under ‘Basic details’ you can:
- Select the language. This determines the core language of the terms document and should be set to whichever language your primary terms document is in. It is not used to create different language versions. To create a language version that users with different language settings will see (i.e. if a user’s browser settings and platform is in German), see our 'Add language version' section below
- Insert an internal title for easy reference
- Set the ‘Display link as’ text. This is the text that will appear to end users on your Splash Page for the selected terms
- Select a type. Options here include:
- End User License Agreement
- Set the ‘Ownership scope’. This can be a company, venue, or group, and determines the permission level of where terms can be edited and implemented
- Select ‘Owned by’. This shows the ownership level of the terms, displayed as the specific company, group or venue
‘Publish history’ at the top of the right-hand side column shows any previously published versions and current drafts. These can be clicked on to select the current or prior versions.
When there are multiple versions or drafts, the three dots beside these give you the option to restore previous versions, or discard the current draft.
Once finished, select ‘Save’, then ‘Publish’. Your terms are now ready to be set as live.
Add language version
From the Onboarding > Terms Management screen, select the blue ‘Add language version’ button:
It’s important to note that the new language version will be blank. Purple support English and Spanish templates but any custom content or other language text needs to be manually input.
You can also select the three dots alongside an existing terms document to select ‘Add language version’.
Changing the language dropdown within the terms screen will simply change the core version of your terms; this will not create a new language version:
Using this dropdown overrides your parent document language.
You need to select a language version from the main Terms Management screen as described above to add a language.
Watch our short video explaining how to add a language version:
Setting the term document as live
Terms need to be published before they can be set as live in the Access Journey section.
Once you have published your terms, click into Onboarding > Access Journey from the left-hand sidebar menu.
Select Terms from the menu subheadings.
Next, click the ‘Add terms’ button.
Choose a published term to include in the access journey by selecting the box next to the term name:
Then, click ‘Add selected’.
Finally, select ‘Save’ at the top of the screen, then ‘Publish’.
Selecting ‘Manage terms’, clicking the name of an existing term from this page, or selecting ‘Open in editor’ from the three dot menu will take you out of the Access Journey section and back to the Terms Management area.
Terms can be removed from the Access Journey by selecting the three dots at the right-hand side of the screen for each term, and clicking ‘Remove’.
From the Terms Management page (found via Onboarding in the sidebar menu), select the three dots on the right-hand side of the screen for the terms you wish to delete. Click 'Delete':
This will bring up a confirmation message. Select 'Delete' again to permanently delete the selected term. The term cannot be recovered upon deletion.