Specifications for digital display units running Purple's Wayfinding are available here.
For all of the following, you should be logged in to the web admin site. Purple will have provided your login username and password via email.
Adding a Kiosk
Navigate to the map area where you want to place the kiosk by selecting the appropriate layer from the top-left of the screen after logging in:
Next, select the 'Add a kiosk' button from the toolbar (the user walking next to a screen):
Click your desired location for the kiosk on the map. Enter details on the right-hand sidebar which appears, including a unique ID and descriptive name to help make the kiosk easily identifiable.
You can also select to ‘Show marker’ and/or ‘Show label’. When these are selected, they will appear no matter how far the user is zoomed in or out. This functionality can be useful to better highlight the kiosk's location.
Manage your kiosks
This can be navigated to from either:
1. The location overview tab, found within Maps in the left-hand sidebar (selected by clicking the three lines in the top-left of the screen). Kiosks is one of the three subheadings:
2. The bottom of the right-hand sidebar which appears in the previous step, when adding a kiosk to the map. Select 'Manage all of your kiosks'.
You will see a list of your kiosks, their unique ID, status (online or offline), which building and floor each kiosk is in, and when they were last active:
The highlighted Unique ID can be used to search for the kiosk, and is present in the URL to make it easier to bring up a particular kiosk from an admin user's perspective:
By clicking on the three dots on the right-hand side of the screen, you can select to 'Edit on map', 'Preview', or 'Delete'.
'Preview' will display how it looks to users, while 'Delete' removes the kiosk. Upon confirming the deletion, this cannot be undone.
'Edit on map' opens the map functionality and allows you to:
- Reposition the kiosk by dragging and dropping it using your mouse
- Change the display name of the kiosk
- Alter if the marker and labels show. The marker icon can be changed by clicking the existing icon in the right-hand sidebar menu, then selecting an icon of your choice
Selecting 'Manage all of your kiosks' from the right-hand sidebar menu takes you back to your full list of kiosks.