The ASUS router provides no way to flash the firmware via the web interface. Therefore we simply need to TFTP the upgrade file to the router. See below:
- Please install the following TFTP software - http://kin.klever.net/dist/pumpkin-2.7.3.exe or equivalent for MAC.
- Download the firmware file from the portal as normal and save to your desktop
- Open the Pumpkin TFTP application
- Turn off the power on the back of the router
- Set your computer's ethernet adaptor to use a static IP of 192.168.1.75, subnet of 255.255.255.0
- Plug an ethernet cable in from your computer to the Ethernet (LAN) Port 1 on the router
- Press and hold in the Reset button and turn on the router. The power LED will begin flashing slowly.
Within 20 seconds of powering on, in Pumpkin, click Put File and enter the following:
Local file: Browse to the downloaded firmware file
Remote host: 192.168.1.1
- Click OK to start the transfer. You should see some indication of the file being transferred.
- The firmware on your Router will be upgraded and the device will automatically reboot once done.