Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) is a provider of digital marketing automation as well as analytics software and services. It automatically and in real time populates your SFMC with subscribers from your WiFi users.
You have control over the user data that you want sent to SFMC. If a WiFi user later changes their marketing preferences in the ‘MyData’ portal, those changes will be reflected in SFMC.
Set Up the Salesforce Marketing Cloud Connector
Within Management > Connectors, select the Salesforce Marketing Cloud connector and click Add.
Enter a suitable connector name for easy reference.
For the Auth domain, Client ID and Client Secret, you need to:
1. Log in to Salesforce Marketing Cloud and from your profile dropdown select Setup:
2. From the left-hand navigation panel, click 'Apps' then select 'Installed Packages':
3. Select to create a new installed package. Make sure you tick the “Create with enhanced functionality” option.
4. Click 'Add Component', then select 'API Integration', click 'Next', and select 'Server-to-Server'. Scroll down to the 'Contacts' sub heading and select 'Audiences (Read and Write)' and 'List and Subscribers (Read and Write)'.
5. Your API credentials are created:
Use these details to fill the Auth domain, Client ID and Client Secret fields, then select 'Validate'.
Additional fields will show upon successful validation:
Unwanted email domains - An optional field used to list any domains you do not wish to send to SFMC. A common use case would be staff work email addresses. Enter as many as required, separated by a comma.
Portal Data Field and SFMC data field - Select the required data field you want to include for each, then click 'Add map'. These will populate below the Add Map button so you can see which fields you have already mapped.
Select 'Save' to finish setting the connector up.